Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Poems by Joseph Goosey

P1080977

FEELING IT A BIT MUCH TONIGHT

I am supposed to be composing

an analysis
of the existing theories
on spousal
homicide. Rather,
I sit, a real shit
shit of a human,
having just eaten an entire
plastic bag full
of onion
rings.

(Servings Per Container: 3)

I am cornflakes and batty.

I mix hot sauce into the whiskey.
Then, feeling some sort
of animal-steakhouse
stab-
realize
that I have quit drinking
for the time being.
I fail to pour my concoction into the sink.
I leave it on the counter and leave it
to fester. Yes,

some company
would do me
good.


ONE DAY THEY WILL FIND ME DRIVING OVER MEDIANS AND PEOPLE AND HONKING
A HORN SCREAMING FOR FIRE FIRE FIRE!

There is this female poet

whose work occasionally
produced a line or two
but whose poetry
in general
was a pile broken branches.

She wrote often
of eyelids and holding
hands and geese.

Reading it,
you felt as though
you were treading
through some poppy
field at gun point
all while trying not to spill
a jar of expired
marmalade.

Anywho,
she tells me

"I've stopped writing."

And in a sense,
that's fine.

In another sense,
it's really sort of death
up the
nose.



Dont Go Dancing Down the Darktown Strutters Ball - C.W. Stoneking


Joseph Goosey is very oblivious. He recently lost his bottle opener. His words have recently appeared in such fine journals as Exquisite Corpse, Thieves Jargon and "Cause and Effect. He thinks you're fantastic and thanks you for reading.

Photo by Adam Lawrence.

C.W. Stoneking is from
Footscray, Victoria Australia, but you would never guess that listen to his deeply southern, extremely American, brand of Hokum Blues. His debut album King Hokum was released by Voodoo Rythm Records last year, and his last release Jungle Blues will be released on his own King Hokum Records/Shock. He will be playing 13 dates split between LA and New York in early September.

No comments:

Post a Comment